Grgich Hills Estate
Grgich Hills Estate is a benchmark Napa Valley wine estate, consistently producing wines of the highest quality. Vintner Hall of Fame inductee Miljenko “Mike” Grgich first earned world-wide recognition when the Chardonnay he crafted won the 1976 Paris Tasting, beating the best of France and revolutionizing the wine world. Mike then partnered with Austin Hills to open their family-owned-and-operated winery in 1977.
Committed to natural winegrowing and sustainability, we farm five estate vineyards without artificial fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides, rely on wild yeast fermentation and use our passion and art to handcraft food-friendly, balanced and elegant wines.
Miljenko "Mike" Grgich
1829 St. Helena Highway
Rutherford, CA 94573
ZAP Member Since: 1999
Winery Founded: 1977
Winery Location Region: Napa Valley
Cases Produced: 65,000
Winery Open for Tasting: Yes
Winery Charges for Tasting: Yes; $15-20
Retail Sales at Winery: Yes
Offers Online Sales: Yes
* Vist our website and click Wines.
Has a Wine Club: Yes
* We offer two clubs; Miljenko Wine Club, for bottle purchases, and Violet's Wine Club, to save more on case purchases. Please visit www.grgich.com for details.
Offers Winery Tours: Yes
Offers Vineyard Tours: By Appt. Only
Food Available at Winery: Yes
* We offer wine and cheese pairings and wine and chocolate pairings. Please visit the website and click on Visit Us, Tasting Room for details
Has a Picnic Area: No
Offers a Meet the Winemaker Tour: By Appt. Only
* We offer a vineyard tour with Ivo Jeramaz, our Vice President of Vineyards and Production, by appointment.
Offers a Barrel Tasting: Yes
* Most Friday afternoons, from 2pm to 4pm., as part of our tastings.