Ledson Winery & Vineyards
The Ledson winery is located in the heart of Sonoma Valley, a short one hour drive north of San Francisco. Emerging like a gothic blast from the past out of acres of rolling vineyards and pastoral calm, our 16,000 square foot French Normandy winery is known as “the castle” around the world. Originally designed as our family home, the contractor and designer in me got carried away and it quickly became clear that the architectural showpiece was much better suited to house our planned winery.
The Ledson winery specializes in small varietal lots that reflect the genuine diversity of our select vineyards and appellations. Visitor can enjoy the wines in one of six beautifully appointed tasting bars, browse gift shop, stock up on local artisan foods at gourmet marketplace and enjoy the vineyard and mountain views while picnicking in the shade of our century-old, heritage oak trees.
Owner & Winemaker: Steve Noble Ledson
7335 Sonoma Highway (Hwy. 12)
Kenwood, CA 95409
ZAP Member Since: 2003
Winery Founded: 1989
Winery Location Region: Sonoma Valley
Winery Open for Tasting: Yes
Retail Sales at Winery: Yes
Offers Online Sales: Yes
* Check our website for details at www.ledson.com
Has a Wine Club: Yes
* Ledson winery developed a number of different wine club programs offering members preferred pricing and access to wines not available to the public.
Wine selections will include new releases and limited bottling produced exclusively for Ledson Wine Club members. The value of the club shipments depends on the selection of your wine club as well as on your wine preferences you select.
For any of our clubs we offer the opportunity to belong to the "Friends of the Winemaker", an option that entitles you to receive very limited selections, reserve wines or older vintages in your shipment.
Additionally, members are given a variety of exclusive benefits and preferred pricing on all purchases made at the Castle, at the Ledson Hotel & Harmony Restaurant, over the phone, or online.
All clubs are available if you live in one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY.
If you live in one of the following states: AK, AL, AR, MA, MD, MS, PA, you can only choose the Nobility or Royalty Club.
Check our website for details at www.ledson.com
Offers Winery Tours: No
Offers Vineyard Tours: No
Food Available at Winery: Yes
* Visitors to the Ledson Winery Marketplace are treated to a true sensory feast. The Chef chooses from the freshest and finest of the local Sonoma bounty to create an inviting array of salads, sandwiches and quick bites.
The Marketplace also offers an extensive selection of locally produced gourmet items including condiments, oils, jams, tapanades, artisan cheeses, fresh baked breads and desserts.
Has a Picnic Area: Yes
* Enjoy the tranquility of nature with panoramic views of vineyards, fountains and rolling hills as you swirl, smell and sip our hand-crafted wines. Outside tasting bar is the perfect spot to combine the beauty of the estate with Ledson award-winning wines.
Offers a Meet the Winemaker Tour: No
Offers a Barrel Tasting: Yes
* Once a year, Ledson winery open to public for barrel tasting during Hearts of Sonoma Valley event. Ledson also has additional barrel tasting event, available to the wine club member only.