Sunday, Aug 13, 2017 Sunday, Aug 13, 2017
- Tasting Time: Sunday 12:30PM - 3:30PM
- Location Trentadue Winery
- A wine and food tasting featuring Zinfandel wines and blends
- Beautiful location nestled among the vineyards and rolling hills of Geyserville
- More than 60 wineries from all over California
- A chance to meet celebrity winemakers
- ZAP Heritage Club members are invited to a special feature
- Baby Back Ribs
- BBQ Pork Sandwich
- Painted Hills Natural 14 hour Beef Brisket Sandwich
- Dino Kale Salad with Roasted Beets
- Sonoma BBQ Sauce by the jar – available for purchase
- Mini Cheesecake with Sauce Toppings
- Mini Cupcakes
- Zinfandel Gummy Bears
- Double-Gold Winner Dark Cherry Zinfandel Sauce available for purchase
- 20% Discount for Friends of ZAP
- Contact the Inn – 707.857.4343 and mention “ZAP” to receive discount. Discounts available week of the event.
Where Zinfandel Passions Gather
Zinfandel is known for its versatility—pairing the widest range of foods, while showcasing the unlimited expressions of taste. Come explore the qualities of Zinfandel and delight in the tastes of summer with us!
This year’s event is being held at Trentadue Winery in Geyserville, where a touch of Tuscany greets you in their air-conditioned indoor pavilion. Outdoors, a comfortable and romantic area creates an old world Italian ambiance surrounded by lush vineyards, picturesque mountains, vine covered arbors, shaded gardens, mature redwoods and expansive lawns.
What to Expect
Cochon Volant – serving classic American barbecue—smoked over almond wood. All meats are naturally raised and hormone-free – locally sourced and organic produce. Market Menu items for purchase will include:
For Heritage Club Members only: The Art and Science of Winemaking with Miro from 11:30 – 12:30
Attention Heritage Club+ members! If you haven’t yet purchased your tickets to Summer Celebration—don’t wait any longer—this exclusive complimentary tasting is sure to sell out soon.
Join us for a blending guessing game—how much Zinfandel is really in that glass? Your guide for this one-hour Winemaking 101 immersion is none other than Trentadue Winemaker, Miro Tcholakov.
Your challenge: Identify how different blending wines can enhance a final blend. You’ll taste each element separately as Miro directs you on the basic components (spice, pepper—is that rose petal, or perhaps raspberry—you be the judge). You’ll gain an insider’s insight into why winemakers add or subtract the elements.
The big reveal will come when our winemaking wizard draws the curtain back and shares the secret. Guess the blend and win bragging rights at your next dinner party! Could winemaking be your next career move or hobby?
The art of storytelling through roots music – Influences of folk, blues, and jazz weave their way into the music of Peter Wilson who says he tends to gravitate toward roots music, anything with a true Americana sound.
Saturday Winery OPEN HOUSE in Dry Creek Valley
Come a day early and check out the special offerings at Comstock Wines, Dry Creek Vineyard, Kokomo Winery, Pedroncelli Winery, Ridge Winery (Lytton Springs), Sbragia Family Vineyards and Seghesio Family Vineyards. Thank you to Winegrowers of Dry Creek Valley!
- Participating Wineries
- ACORN Winery Angry Bunch Wines Armida Winery Artezin Wines Ballentine Vineyards Bella Vineyards and Wine Caves Beran Wines Chase Cellars Cline Cellars Comstock Wines David Clinton Wine Cellars Day Zinfandel Dry Creek Vineyard Fields Family Wines Fritz Underground Winery Gamba Vineyards and Winery Goldschmidt Vineyards Hartford Family Winery Hendry Wines Hook & Ladder Winery Howell Mountain Vineyards Ironstone Vineyards J. Rickards Winery & Vineyards Kokomo Winery Leonard Wine Company m2 Wines Mazzocco Winery McCay Cellars McNab Ridge Winery Mengler Family Wines Miraflores Winery Oak Farm Vineyards Peachy Canyon Winery Pedroncelli Winery Peterson Winery Pezzi King Winery Proulx Wines Quivira Vineyards Ravenswood Winery Ridge Vineyards Rock Wall Wine Company Rombauer Vineyards Sbragia Family Vineyards Seghesio Family Vineyards Selby Winery Carol Shelton Wines Scribble Scribble Wines St. Anne's Crossing Winery St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Terra d'Oro Wines Tin Barn Vineyards Tonti Family Wines Trentadue Tres Sabores Wilson Winery Zialena Winery Zin-Phomaniac